The content of this video is over 2,500 years old……amazing, even then, people “knew.” This story is from Plato’s most famous book, The Republic. Most people live in a world of relative ignorance. They are even comfortable with that ignorance, because it is all they know. Once you’ve tasted the truth, you won’t EVER want to go back to being ignorant.
From ‘The Riverbends Channel’
Published on Mar 26, 2012
Julie Weston and her aunt, Hattie, own and operate a candy-store in Harlem. A wealthy business man, Albert Marshall, and his wayward son, Jim Marshall, swindle the women out of the store. Later, Albert Marshall is found murdered, and there are several suspects, including Marshall’s secretary and a blackmailer. – Summary written by Les Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cast (IMDB): Sheila Guyse as Julie Weston; Stepin Fetchit as Swifty’, the Handyman; Hilda Offley as Aunt Hattie; Creighton Thompson as Reverend Jackson; Kenneth Freeman as Jim Marshall; William Greaves as Bert Hallam; Sybil Lewis as Alice Adams (as Sybyl Lewis); Laurence Criner as Albert Marshall (as Lawrence Criner); Jack Carter as Philip Manley; Milton Williams as Mr. Wilkinson; Monte Hawley as Lieutenant Renard; Ruble Blakey as Detective Foley; Slick’ Chester as Detective Tracy (as Alfred Chester); Savannah Churchill as Singer – Specialty ‘I Want to Be Loved’; Lavada Carter as Singer – Specialty ‘John Saw the Number’; Norma Shepherd as Singer – Specialty ‘Patience and Fortitude’; Juanita Hall as Juanita Hall – Specialty ‘Chocolate Candy Blues’; Lynn Proctor Trio as Trio; Lynn Proctor as Lynn Proctor; Juanita Hall Choir as Choir; Hilda Geeley as Singer (uncredited).
- Video believed to show soldiers punishing escaped prisoners
- Police and Amnesty International investigate footage of ‘torture’
PUBLISHED: 05:06 EST, 7 March 2013 | UPDATED: 06:21 EST, 7 March 2013
Fiji’s soldiers have apparently been caught on camera handcuffing men and beating them with rods.
The shocking video shows one man being whacked while lying down in the back of a truck and another set upon by a vicious dog.
Human rights groups have denounced the Fijian military over the footage, which some have described as ‘torture’.
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Fiji torture video investigated (nzherald.co.nz)
- Harrowing torture video that shows Fijian soldiers beating prisoners triggers global backlash (dailymail.co.uk)
- Fiji: “Shocking” video depicts alleged torture of prisoners (yubanet.com)
- Key: Fiji govt will investigate torture video (nzherald.co.nz)
- Former AB speaks out against torture (stuff.co.nz)
- NZ Govt must put pressure on Fiji over torture (pacific.scoop.co.nz)
- Fiji beatings ‘may turn off tourists’ (bigpondnews.com)
- Fiji not letting Aussie diplomat in (news.theage.com.au)
Somewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa, Komona a 14-year-old girl tells her unborn child growing inside her the story of her life since she has been at war. Everything started when she was abducted by the rebel army at the age of 12.
Imagine an entire generation of young people hearing lyrics like this on a daily basis, reciting mantras that glorify drug and alcohol consumption, the objectification of women, murdering other black people, anti-intellectualism, financial irresponsibility and every other thing you can do to destroy your life. Do you REALLY believe that a child can hear this message every single day, repeating these lyrics literally thousands of times and not have his subconscious mind altered by the messages he’s consuming? Do you REALLY think that the corporations earning billions of dollars from this form of weaponized psychological genocide care one bit about whether your son ends up in the prison, the morgue, the rehab center, the insane asylum or the unemployment line?
This is a two minute segment from Episode 3 of ‘Culture In Decline’ in which Lee Camp critiques modern culture… Hilarious!
- Lee Camp: Rantings of a Stark Raving Sane Man Trapped in a Corporatocracy (sgtreport.com)
- 7 Ways to Beat the Ballot Bandits Lee Camp’s Videos (gregpalast.com)
- Leicester 2-2 Nott’m Forest (oddonion.com)
- SOS: Sarcasm, Obsessions & Stamina – Part 1 ~ Deidra Schaub (sufey.org)
- What Did The World Search For In Google Zeitgeist 2012 (retiredowhat.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know Someone with Consumption-Vanity Disorder? (musicians4freedom.com)
- Music, faith, humor meet in ‘Tokens’ (blogs.tennessean.com)
- Lee Camp: ‘Wait, WHO Owns The F***ing Voting Machines?!’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Camp Award Finalists: Klein, Manziel, Te’o, Barner, Lee (connecticut.cbslocal.com)