This article covers a long standing debate among professional Africans in America. It is not class that determines race-based behavior but the inherent racism in our systems. It is sadly evident that few of those researching the statistics cannot put aside their hubris long enough to realize that they are also counted in that number. It took a concerned medical physician to shine the light on ivory tower race-based thinking.
Despite being home to many notable Black Americans and being the location of a great deal of Black American history, Lexington, Kentucky has never been seen as having a reputation of being a hospitable place for minorities. Much of this reputation is rooted in the city’s ties to slavery.
- Update: 2 killed, 1 injured in Kentucky’s Hazard College shooting, authorities say – @AP (wbko.com)
- Larry Elder: Absentee Fathers are More of a Threat to the Black Community Than Racism | Kulture Kritic (habariganiamerica.com)
- You’re still racist, say psychologists (sciencecodex.com)
- Knowledge of History May Change How You View Racism (livescience.com)
- LED Outdoor Lighting by SLV, Now Available at LightKulture.com (prweb.com)
- Claims of “Post-Racial” Society and Other Denials of Racism May Reflect Ignorance of History (psychologicalscience.org)
- Robert Nkemdiche to visit Kentucky, per report (sbnation.com)
- Claims of ‘post-racial’ society and other denials of racism may reflect ignorance of history (eurekalert.org)
- 2 killed in shooting at Hazard college (kypost.com)
- Bottrop, Kustom Kulture 2012 by Bokehbar Fotografie (sadmanstongue.com)