Home ownership has been an important vehicle in creating a solid white middle class, but it has not done the same for most black homeowners, because blacks and whites buy homes in very different neighborhoods. Research shows that homes in majority black neighborhoods do not appreciate as much as homes in overwhelmingly white neighborhoods.
The Dow Jones average is as good an indicator of the economy as any; it’s made up of 30 of the largest corporations covering a diverse array of industries (source). It’s always interesting to watch the conservative argument that somehow President Obama has created an environment that is anti-business and hurt economic growth; it seems that facts can’t penetrate the tough exterior that is the conservative ideological bubble. Since President Obama has been president – the Dow has grown over 68% and has reached a 5 year high. Now conservatives would call President Obama’s economic record an abject failure but 5.5 million private sector jobs later … we’ve reached a point where conservative economic arguments boil down to their opinion and just a dick in their hand.
- Under Obama, Economic Stagnation Is the New Normal (realclearmarkets.com)
- Dow Jones Industrial a (5starstrading.wordpress.com)
- Obama Picks Ultimatums Over Optimism to Start Second Term – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Dow Jones Index Definition (answers.com)
- Blame fiscal cliff, not Obama, for lower stocks (syracuse.com)
- THE RESET: Debt, stocks both up in 1st Obama term (cnsnews.com)
- How the Dow Jones industrial average fared Friday (sacbee.com)