Technically, any retired cop with more than seven bullets in a clip would be in violation of the law.
“As a law enforcement officer for over 20 years, I understand the importance of instituting a new policy on mandating the limits of bullets that a regular citizen can possess, but as a matter of fact the bad guys are not going to follow this law,” said Norman Seabrook, president of the correction officers union, the city’s second largest.
- Cops Are Outraged That New York’s New Magazine Limit Could Apply to Them (reason.com)
- F#@% CUOMO: Cops Are Outraged That New York’s New Magazine Limit Could Apply to Them (secretsofthefed.com)
- Whoops! New NY Gun Law Forgot To Exempt Cops On High-Capacity Mags (pjmedia.com)
- Cops Complain About New York’s Draconian Gun Law (federaljack.com)
- N.Y. gun law lacks cop exemption (politico.com)
- Cops Complain About New York’s Draconian Gun Law (rinf.com)
- Oops…Police in New York to Become Criminals under Hastily Passed Gun Law (thesurvivalplaceblog.com)
- Absolute Rights’ Tim Young Publishes Latest Editorial on New York’s Gun Laws (prweb.com)