KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province, the alliance’s spokesman said on Monday.
German Gen. Gunter Katz said the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans, but could not yet comment on the allegations that Afghans connected with U.S. special forces were involved in abuses that include torture, killings and illegal detentions.
- NATO: No Evidence for Afghan Claim of Misconduct (abcnews.go.com)
- NATO: No evidence for Afghan claim of misconduct (kansascity.com)
- Karzai orders US special forces out of Afghan province (foxnews.com)
- Afghanistan says U.S. special forces may be behind torture, murder (myfox8.com)
- Karzai Orders U.S. Special Forces Out of Afghan Wardak Province (bloomberg.com)
- No evidence for Afghan claim (wxyz.com)
- NATO: No Evidence For Afghan Claims Of Misconduct (rferl.org)