I have these questions that will probably never be answered. I probably have no right to ask them. I’m not family. I’m not a friend. But, I see so much of myself and so many of my friends and associates in Dr. Patrick. Many of us are young, black Christian women with advanced degrees. We are medical doctors, PhDs, preachers, businesswomen, lawyers, teachers, and financial professionals. And, many of us are so busy achieving that we don’t properly take care of ourselves. Dr. Teleka Patrick represents the triumphs and the tragedies of being a black woman in America in the 21st century. She accomplished much more than our black foremothers could have ever imagined a black woman could achieve in this country. Yet, care for her mental and emotional health fell completely by the wayside. We, I’m talking specifically to black women here, must look at her life and death and become more mindful of taking care of ourselves.
This isn’t something new, in the Soviet Union, a systematic political abuse of psychiatry took place and was based on the interpretation of political dissent as a psychiatric problem. Mental illness has been used for political repression, those who were/are non-conformant and do/did not accept the beliefs of authority figures like government agencies face labels that do not represent them at all, and have no scientific backing what so ever.
Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the U.S. This fatal and progressive condition destroys brain cells, resulting in memory loss and severe thinking and behavioral problems aggression, delusions, and hallucinations that interfere with daily life and activities.The cause is conventionally believed to be a mystery. While we know that certain diseases, like type 2 diabetes, are definitively connected to the foods you eat, Alzheimer’s is generally thought to strike without warning or reason.That is, until recently.
If you have ever known a person with chronic low self esteem, you will not find it hard to remember them. This is the person who was extremely manipulative, insecure and toxic.
- This Message Brought To You By Low Self Esteem (becomingcliche.wordpress.com)
- So What If You Are A shorty (halimbothman.wordpress.com)
- Chick lit ‘harms body image’, study finds (guardian.co.uk)
- Self esteem within the brothers? (samanddeanbrothersinarms.wordpress.com)
- Help breaking a cycle of destructive thinking and behavior? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Are you a woman who’s living her life feeling worthless and invisible? (moyorlayor.wordpress.com)
- 8 Suggestions for Strengthening Self-Esteem When You Have Depression (psychcentral.com)
- Take It From Me, Low Self-Esteem Is A WASTE Of Energy (jessicasimien.com)
The number of children who received prescriptions for drugs used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) increased over an eight-year period while the number of antibiotic prescriptions declined, according to a new study by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Yet Another Harrowing Story of White Collar Addiction (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Medications to Treat ADHD (everydayhealth.com)
- ADHD Diagnoses In Black Children Increases By 70 Percent – Along With the Use Of Strong Meds (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)
- Dad’s word of warning: Adderall ‘changed’ my son (todayhealth.today.com)
- Pfizer (PFE) Ticks Higher as New ADHD Treatment Comes to U.S. Market (streetinsider.com)
- Parents’ Biggest Fears About ADHD Meds (everydayhealth.com)
- Increase in Swedish girls taking ADHD drugs (thelocal.se)
- Could you have adult ADHD? (thestar.com)
- ADHD rates creeping up in California (news.yahoo.com)
- Adult ADHD Medications (everydayhealth.com)
The NYS Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness Program is being offered to increase the number of licensed social workers working in critical human service areas in the following fields: health, mental health, substance abuse, aging, HIV/AIDS and child welfare or communities with multilingual needs.
- Social worker gap not accepted, Phoenix Sinclair inquiry told (cbc.ca)
- Child dies hours after social workers close case (heraldnet.com)
- Social workers warning on adoption (standard.co.uk)
- A Deported Father Wins a Long, Painful Fight to Keep His Kids (colorlines.com)
- As Consultant: What the Social Worker Already Knows (2nd in Series) (socialworkhelper.com)
- Social work training is where the seeds of scandal are sown (towardchange.wordpress.com)
- Some social workers hope Phoenix inquiry will improve profession (cbc.ca)
- Defining the Social Worker as Consultant (1st in the Social Work Consultant Series) (socialworkhelper.com)
- Finding the Right Therapist for Bipolar Disorder (everydayhealth.com)
Only about half of those who have dysthymia ever seek treatment for it, and most live with the condition for 30 years. It differs from depression in that it is so long lasting and not temporary.
According to the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellent, the guidelines for a diagnosis of dysthymia are two symptoms of depression which last two years or more. For a depression diagnosis, it is three symptoms in two weeks.
- MIT Educated Engineer Builds a Business by Teaching Math to Kids | Techyville (habariganiamerica.com)
- U.S. Citizens Are Sicker and Live Shorter Lives Than People In Other Countries | Techyville (habariganiamerica.com)
- Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to be White, Job Offers Suddenly Skyrocket | Techyville (habariganiamerica.com)
- Analyst Says that Going to Law School Might be a Huge Mistake Due to Oversupply of Attorneys | Techyville (habariganiamerica.com)
- Exercise: How To Get Started If You Have Neglected It | Techyville (habariganiamerica.com)
- Dysthymia: Tired, grumpy and cynical? You’re not just an old grouch – you may be ill (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Bet You Didn’t Know NRA Leader’s Son Fired at Another Motorist During a Road Rage Incident | Techyville (artstarzz.wordpress.com)
- How To Test For Depression (answers.com)
- When Depression and Hearing Loss Collide (healthyhearing.com)
- Irritable Male Syndrome? (therealsharon.com)
After Grammy Awards, national tours and magazine spreads, it’s hard to believe that an international superstar would have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. However, Michelle Williams, one-third of Destiny’s Child, has revealed that depression is more common than many people think.
- Destiny’s Child’s Michelle Williams Reveals Battle with Depression (atlantablackstar.com)
- Michelle Williams Reveals Battle With Depression (jessicasimien.com)
- Michelle Williams Reveals Battle With Depression, Ahead Of Possible Super Bowl Show (contactmusic.com)
- ‘Destiny’s Child’ member Michelle Williams reveals secret battle with depression (examiner.com)
- Michelle Williams suffered with depression (contactmusic.com)
- destiny’s child michelle williams battle with depression (thesun.co.uk)
- Michelle Williams’ Fight With Depression (abcnews.go.com)
People lead depressed lifestyles before they feel blue. If they believed they could avoid hitting bottom, their recovery could be much faster.
- Lifescript.com – I can’t get past the info part (usaconsumercomplaints.com)
- Hitting Rock Bottom is not The End (thedepressedmoose.com)
- Feeling Blue? New Campaign to Beat Depression Will Help Change That in 21 Days (prweb.com)
- How Marketers Can Overcome Tradeshow Depression [cartoon] (hubspot.com)
- Lifescript.com – They promise samples galore, and special offers, and then NEVER DELIVER (usaconsumercomplaints.com)
- Hockey is the best medicine for Reg Thomas Jr. (lfpress.com)
- How to Help Someone with Depression (psychologytoday.com)
- 5 Things to Keep in Mind When Dealing With Someone Who Has Depression (humansareweird.com)
- Food That Can Trigger Depression (belmarrahealth.com)