The process involves young men having their lower lip tattooed with a pink paint so that their lips are no longer a shade of black, but instead – a shade of pink.
None of the men would explain to us the reasons why they were getting their lips done in such a fashion, but the main reason seems to be that women find men with pinker lips more attractive (Desmond Elliot, anyone?).
This particular tattoo shop gets up to ten customers a day and does ‘Pink Lips’ for about 7000 Naira ($30)
The owner explains they can also do a shade of red as well.
Nigeria News, Lagos Street-life, Videos, Entertainment and more – only on BattaBox.com
… and don’t forget to share the story with your friends using the buttons below!
- Biggie’s Daughter Tattoos “B.I.G.” Inside of Her Bottom Lip (complex.com)
- Insights shared at Venezuela Tattoo Expo (bigpondnews.com)
- The Notorious B.I.G.’s Daughter Tattoos His Name On Her Lip (biglonpromo.com)
- Nigeria Men Tattoo Their Lips Pink (igbokwenuradio.com)
- Temporary Lip Tattoos (trendyornot.wordpress.com)