Kevyn Orr, a partner in Jones Day, a Cleveland-based law firm, will have power to control all spending, including throwing out contracts, make cutbacks, sell of assets and suspend elected officials salaries.
- Relevance of Detroit officials in manager’s hands (sacbee.com)
- Detroit emergency manager warns against bankruptcy (sfgate.com)
- Opponents Label Detroit Emergency Manager An ‘Uncle Tom’ (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Confirmed: Detroit To Get Emergency Financial Manager (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Tim Skubick: Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr, Gov. Snyder are two peas in a pod (mlive.com)