“If Congress allows this meat cleaver approach to take place, it will jeopardize our military readiness … [and] eviscerate job-creating investments in education and energy and medical research,” he said. “It won’t consider whether we’re cutting some bloated program that has outlived its usefulness or a vital service that Americans depend on every single day. It doesn’t make those distinctions.”
Obama said the sequester would result in, among other things, reduced border patrol staffing, degraded first response capability in emergency situations, a furlough of FBI agents, layoffs of teachers and educators, air traffic and airport security cutbacks and loss of access to healthcare for hundreds of thousands of Americans.
- Obama plays outside game on sequester: ‘If you stand up and speak out, Congress will listen’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama Pressures Congress on Sequester (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Sequester Q&A: What Does It Mean? (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Fearmonger-In-Chief’s Disingenuous Road Show Rolls On (constitutionclub.org)
- Boehner Fires Back at Obama on Sequester: You Created It, You Fix It… (redflagnews.com)