This week marks the 40th anniversary of another 9/11 tragedy: the Attica prison rebellion. On September 9, 1971, prisoners took over much of state prison in Attica, New York, to protest conditions at the maximum security prison. Then Governor Nelson Rockefeller ordered state police to storm the facility on the morning of September 13. Troopers shot indiscriminately more than 2,000 rounds of ammunition, killing 39 male prisoners and guards.
His grandmother, Betty Shabazz, widow of Malcolm X, was killed in a fire he started 11 years ago. He was 12 years old. He had been shuttled in and out of correctional institutions until his release from Attica Prison in February 2007. Now MALCOLM SHABAZZ, 24, is on a mission: to clear his name, stay out of jail and rise from the ashes of his past.
- NewsOne ReIssue: Malcolm X’s Grandson Breaks Silence! (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- FBI arrests Malcolm X grandson en route to Iran (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Will You Be Watching? Angela Bassett And Mary J. Blige Lifetime Movie About Widows Of MLK And Malcolm X Airs Tonight (bossip.com)
- “Learning To Read” Malcolm X (leekottner.typepad.com)
- There’s Going To Be A “Malcolm In The Middle” Reunion On “Breaking Bad” (buzzfeed.com)
- Malcolm X’s Grandson Arrested by FBI (allhiphop.com)
- FBI arrests Malcolm X’s grandson before he departs for Iran (dogmaandgeopolitics.wordpress.com)