In recent weeks, students held protests supporting the faculty’s right to choose a chair.
Soufas placed the department in “receivership” last year after former chair Nathaniel Norment retired in July 2012 and named as acting chair Jayne Drake, vice dean of academic affairs.
- EVENT: Panel – Academic Achievement: It’s Not so Black and White (lascumd.wordpress.com)
- Ayala: Legislation takes aim at future of ethnic studies (mysanantonio.com)
- CFP: 4th Annual African Languages in the Disciplines Conference (ALD), Harvard University. (africainwords.com)
- Goodbye Black Studies! (counterpunch.org)
- Is it time for Temple prez to act? (philly.com)