When we first heard the news about the series, it was said that a white woman would be the principal actor. She, who behind a balcony, would observe us like animals in a zoo. She who would speak on our behalf. Our history, suffering and capacity to speak for ourselves were minor details. The narrators of our trauma and suffering, in this case a man, is someone absent from this suffering. It is not silliness, not even conservatism, not even the forces of politically correctness, as some will suggest. It is about critical care for our history and existence.
Yes, we are repped all over the world, even in Poland.
The 8th annual AfryKamera African Film Festival, jointly organized by two NGOs from Poland: Filmgramm Foundation and the Foundation for Somalia, will take place in Warsaw from the 10th to the 14th of April, 2013.
- Black Filmmaker Wins Top Prize At Sundance Film Festival (therussparrmorningshow.com)
- Berlin film festival 2013: key films – in pictures (guardian.co.uk)
- At least 50 African children paralyzed after receiving Bill Gates-backed meningitis vaccine (habariganiamerica.com)
- Berlin Film Festival Offers Political Awareness With Your Popcorn (rferl.org)
- Consumer Protection Act : Gov does not want to practise that it preaches (bananaza.wordpress.com)
- Cinema Verde Environmental Film & Arts Festival (gogreennation.org)
- Five Festivals Every Film Lover Should Attend (pinkandblack-magazine.com)
- How the African diaspora is using social media to influence development (guardian.co.uk)
- Skiing Off the Beaten Track (epicatravel.com)
- Celebration of Black Cinema (utsandiego.com)