It is a one-sided concession to a rape culture that tells women to avoid streets at night and dress in a way that is not “asking for it” — without telling men to stop attacking women. The burqa and niqab, in a roundabout way, sexualize the female form as blatantly as a naked body supposedly does. By covering absolutely everything, a woman accepts her body as a wild, roaming sexual beast that needs to be neutered and wrapped up in case of attack.
- Daddyblogger Controls His Boner With ‘Imaginary Burqas’ (jezebel.com)
- Understanding Calls To A Caliphate – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- Hamas’s Real Enemy – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- Alhumdulillah for being a Niqabi (fatimahpublicationswritinglillah.wordpress.com)
- Spring Brings Differing Fruits for Tunisian Women (ipsnews.net)