About half of the ingredients used by the Denver-based Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant chain contain genetically modified organisms, the company announced recently.
The brand, which often promotes its commitment to naturally raised meats and local produce in a bid to distance itself from chains like Taco Bell and McDonald’s, recently became the first fast-food chain to label the ingredients it uses that contain GMOs. The total, according to the chain’s website: 12 of 24 common ingredients contain the controversial foods.
- Chipotle Spills The Beans: Ingredients Contain GMOs (dailypaul.com)
- Chipotle the first fast-food chain to label genetically modified ingredients (kdvr.com)
- Chipotle becomes first US fast food chain to label all genetically modified ingredients (theverge.com)
- Chipotle Starts Labeling all Genetically Modified Ingredients (ktla.com)
- Chipotle First US Chain Restaurant to Label GMOs (naturalsociety.com)
- Chipotle becomes first US fast food chain to label all genetically modified ingredients (brightnewsday.com)
- Major Food Chain Admits To Using GMOs (987ampradio.cbslocal.com)
- Chipotle Reveals Use Of Controversial Ingredient (greaterdenver.co)