A new study in the American Journal of Epidemiology has linked hair relaxers to uterine fibroids, as well as early puberty in young girls.
Scientists followed more than 23,000 pre-menopausal Black American women from 1997 to 2009 and found that the two- to three-times higher rate of fibroids among black women may be linked to chemical exposure through scalp lesions and burns resulting from relaxers.
- Uterine Fibroids And Hysterectomy (cbcee.wordpress.com)
- Scientists Identify Gene That Spurs Early Puberty (healthland.time.com)
- Ovarian Fibroids (cbcee.wordpress.com)
- Scientists Find Gene Mutation That Spurs Early Puberty (sci-tech-today.com)
- How to Shrink Uterine Fibroids Naturally (cbcee.wordpress.com)
- Uterine Fibroids and its available medical treatments (fibroidmedicaltreatmentsurgery.wordpress.com)
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Early Puberty in Girls (counselheal.com)
- Early Puberty May Be Caused by Gene Mutation (livescience.com)