At a time when overall student debt approaches $1 trillion, the facts reveal that student loans aren’t loans, not in the traditional sense. They exhibit none of the qualities of modern consumer financial instruments, and are often sold under false pretenses, with the promise of a lifelong benefit that never materializes. We need to change how these loans work and have a broader conversation about what we should be doing — including bankruptcy and refinancing — to help future generations obtain a quality, affordable education, which is critical to our economic future.
- Why Student Loans Are an Even Bigger Sham Than You Know (alternet.org)
- Student Loan Expense Not Considered in Means Test (bankruptcyhome.com)
- Why Student Loans Are an Even Bigger Sham Than You Know (rinf.com)
- David Dayen – Why Student Loans Are an Even Bigger Sham Than You Know (prn.fm)
- House Democrats push for student loan interest vote (dailykos.com)
- Eduflation (joshmmcdaniel.wordpress.com)