“The gloves are coming off — the point system is not enough,” said a senior member of the Congressional Black Caucus yesterday on the issue of the diversity visa lottery being axed in the “gang of eight” immigration legislation.
“We’re having a press conference next week on diversity visas,” confirmed CBC Chair Marcia Fudge (D-OH) after the House completed their last votes Thursday. One member of the CBC stated this week that he will not vote for an immigration bill that does not include the diversity visa program.
- Why Diversity Visas are Important (politic365.com)
- Senate Proposal Would Eliminate Diversity Visas (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Ten good and bad news about immigration reform (voxxi.com)
- Has America historically shut its doors to African immigrants? (thegrio.com)
- On Visas, Senate Bill Clears Family Backlog, But Closes Diversity Door (colorlines.com)