A fifty-six-year-old Ohio man was exonerated after spending 13 years in confinement for murder. He cried as a federal jury found that two Cleveland police detectives violated his civil rights by coercing and falsifying testimony and withholding evidence that pointed to his innocence on Friday. The verdict also included $13.2 million for Ayers’ pain and suffering. The verdict ends the legal battle Ayers has been fighting since his arrest in 1999.
- Ohio man exonerated of murder after 13 years in prison wins $13.2M (foxnews.com)
- Wrongfully Imprisoned Ohio Man Awarded $13.2 Million Settlement (atlantablackstar.com)
- Man Wrongly Jailed for Years Gets Millions (fox8.com)
- Exonerated Ohio Man Wins Civil Rights Suit, $13.2M (abcnews.go.com)
- Exonerated US man wins civil rights suit, $13.2M (newsinfo.inquirer.net)