(Reuters) – President Barack Obama plans to meet with several Republican senators for dinner on Wednesday as part of his effort to revive talks to tackle the nation’s long-term deficit, a congressional aide confirmed.
- Byron York: Have Republicans broken Obama over forced spending cuts? (appeal-democrat.com)
- Obama reaches out to congressional Republicans (sfgate.com)
- Why John Boehner Might Be Right To Blame Obama For The Sequester (businessinsider.com)
- Obama, Republicans Set to Compromise on Sequester Cuts (theepochtimes.com)
- Obama renews budget offer to cut social safety nets (reuters.com)