Monica Corcoran Harel is contributing to Deadline’s Oscar coverage.
As I like to say, you’re only as good as your last gown. And while no one really spilled blood on the red carpet at the Oscars, a few actresses missed the mark today. Mostly because they just didn’t seem to care enough or try very hard. Jennifer Aniston’s matronly tomato-red Valentino reminded me of a sad little bowl of vanilla ice cream when I’m on a PMS snack binge. Yawn. The classic silhouette also called for more effort with her hair and makeup. She looked like she came straight from Zuma Beach. Kristen Stewart’s cream strapless Reem Acra gown felt like a wishy-washy afterthought for the edgy, young star who fronts for Balenciaga. She appeared sullen, like she was heading for an arranged marriage.
- OSCARS: Who Was Worst-Dressed? (m.deadline.com)
- Awards Minute Video: Surprising A-listers who still don’t have an Oscar | Yahoo! Movies Oscars Blog – Yahoo! Movies (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Oscars 2013 – Fashion Awards (prdefied.wordpress.com)
- ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2′ takes 7 Razzie Awards including Worst Picture | Yahoo! Movies Oscars Blog – Yahoo! Movies (thetwilightfunblog.wordpress.com)
- ‘I Was Rob Lowe’s Snow White’: The Untold Story of Oscar’s Nightmare Opening – Yahoo! Movies (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- AP writers pick ‘Argo’ for Oscar best picture – Yahoo! Movies (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Old Hollywood Glamour At The Oscars! (fashiontv.com)
- 85th Annual Academy Awards: A Glimpse of Highlights (thefashionapprentice.com)
- Boyd’s Blog: Oscars’ Best And Worst Dressed (q104.cbslocal.com)