On New Year’s Day 1923 a crowd of Whites marched on the Black community of Rosewood, Florida seeking retribution for an alleged assault on a White woman by a Rosewood resident. A group of White men captured an African American, Sam Carter, and shot him and hung his lifeless body, but by January 4th a brewing mob marched on Rosewood, angered by the suggestion Rosewood had provided refuge to Carter.
- Dallas Wedding at Rosewood Crescent Hotel from Gibson Events (stylemepretty.com)
- The Archaeology of Race, Shame, and Redemption (paulmullins.wordpress.com)
- Interracial Relationship with a “Flip” (myculturalconversations.wordpress.com)
- My Heart Went Out. ” DEPRESSION: my muse (innerstandingisness.com)
- Shock Empire X Rosewood (shockempire.com)
- Dr Claud Anderson More Dirty Little Secrets About Black History Its Heroes & Other Troublemakers – YouTube (talibmuhammad.com)
- The Awakening – The Controversial and Fashionable Stageplay by Antonio Wingfield Debuts at the Naomi Bruton Theater in Dallas TX March 22 – 24, 2013 (prweb.com)