One Moore Book is a publisher and distributor of culturally sensitive children’s literature. Please join us as we celebrate the launch of The Haiti Series–a collection of six stories that feature the vibrant culture and people of The Republic of Haiti. The launch event will be an art exhibition featuring illustrators of The Haiti Series, including Edouard Duval Carrie.
Each ticket we sell will pay for purchase and shipping of one book to a child in Haiti through a partnership with the LitWorld organization. A portion of the proceeds will also benefit The Haiti Cultural Exchange, a nonprofit organization established to develop, present and promote the cultural expressions of the Haitian people.
Come out and enjoy a night of music, literature and art.
To learn more about the benefiting organizations, please visit their websites:
The Haiti Cultural Exchange: http://www.haiticulturalx.org
The Last Mapou: An Exhibition for the launch of One Moore Book’s Haiti Series
Space on White
81 White Street
6 pm – 10 pm
Live Music by Obed Jean-Louis
Open Wine Bar
(Includes one book to take home and one book to be donated to the LitWorld organization)
- Chicago Filmmakers Return Home to Haiti in “Lakay,” the Créole Word for Home With Their Latest Feature Documentary Film (prweb.com)
- Haitian amputee makes comeback on dance floor (habariganiamerica.com)
- Medical mission trip planned to Haiti has been cancelled (weau.com)
- Round Up Ready – Haiti Edition (onaquasirelatednote.wordpress.com)
- America World Licensed in Haiti (adoptedbydesign.typepad.com)
- Haiti, cholera, and PAHO (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Haiti: Ansel Herz on Paul Farmer (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Life Is Good In Haiti : Turning Haiti into HaEATi (lunionsuite.com)