The former transit police officer accused of shooting an unarmed man at a California train station went to Nevada with his family “to clear his mind” after receiving death threats, his lawyer said Wednesday.
The lawyer’s comments came after Johannes Mehserle was arrested on a fugitive warrant in Nevada.
Leads led investigators to Johannes Mehserle, 27, in Zephyr Cove, Nevada, on Tuesday, authorities said. He was contacted through his attorney and then surrendered.
- BART Officer Who Fatally Shot Oscar Grant Seeks Legal Shield From Lawsuits (kron4.com)
- Oakland Riots Turn Violent After Police Officer Shooting of Unarmed Black Man Oscar Grant (binside.typepad.com)
- Ex-bart Police Officer Johannes Mehserle Arrested Charged With Murder of Oscar Grant (binside.typepad.com)
- Where Was This Outrage When Oscar Grant Was Killed? (bothwell.typepad.com)
- Oscar Grant Ex-bart Cop Johannes Mehserle Sentenced 2 Years Oakland Residents Protest Verdict (binsidetv.net)
- Justice for Alan Blueford (JAB) Rallies Against Police Brutality, Oakland 11-10-2012 (indybay.org)
- Tony Pirone shouldn’t have a badge (indybay.org)
- Movie chronicling final hours of Oscar Grant’s life chosen for Sundance Film Festival (mercurynews.com)
- Appeals Court Mulls Mehserle Bid For Immunity In Lawsuit Filed By Oscar Grant’s Father (sfappeal.com)
- Oakland Bart Police Officer Shoot & Kill Unarmed Young Black Man Oscar Grant Murder Caught on Tape (binside.typepad.com)